6 Great Interview Questions to Ask
- If I were to ask your supervisor what you were best at, what would it be?
Look for sincerity rather than responses that would make the candidate look good.
- If I were to ask your supervisor what you need to improve or grow in, what would it be?
This response can provide insight into weaknesses that can be assessed against your job requirements. If the response is “nothing” then ask what they personally believe they can improve in.
- Describe work accomplishments that would best compare to this position.
The answer will provide insight into skills that you can compare to the job.
- Describe the best manager you ever had and why.
Understanding the candidate’s work style gives insight into how they might fit within the company.
- Tell me about your biggest professional failure and how you overcame it.
Look for answers that show the person took ownership of the outcome and learned from the experience.
- What have you learned in the interview that you didn’t expect?
Gives insight into how they are feeling about the process and demonstrates how they can think on their feet.
The interview process is challenging. Prepare ahead of time with a good set of questions to get beyond the surface of skills and abilities.
Latest Blogs from Spirit HR
The federal E-Verify program has been around in some form since 1996, and it’s only getting bigger. With Florida joining the program earlier this year, around half of all states now require E-Verify participation in some way. Enrolling in the program isn’t difficult,...
Navigating the complexities of HR management can be a daunting task for businesses, especially when streamlining operations and optimizing costs are crucial for success. Outsourcing your HR functions can be a game-changer, providing the breathing room you need as a...
Health and safety are two terms that can seem tedious concerning the workplace, but ignoring them and the standards they entail could result in injury, illness or even death. Prevention and preparation are integral to a safe, happy and compliant organization. Here are...