What You Need To Know Concerning Sexual Harassment
While this hack has merit and is helpful, most offices…all offices…need more training than just a visualization exercise. Do you have an employee handbook that addresses your harassment policy? Have you provided training to your managers? What about company-wide training for all employees? The cost of sexual harassment training is far less than the potential legal costs of a harassment suit, plus the bad press and ongoing implications for your company.
5 Practical Strategies
- Make sure your anti-harassment policy is clear about what might constitute harassment, includes a complaint procedure and a non-retaliation clause.
- Anti-harassment policies must be supported from the top down. Leaders must walk the walk and talk the talk.
- Recognize that harassment is not limited to sexual harassment but may include race, religion, age, bullying and others.
- Take complaints seriously. Once there is a report of harassment, it must be investigated.
- If harassment is found to be occurring, immediately take measures to stop it.
Harassment, sexual and other types, is a serious matter in the workplace. Review your workplace practices as well as the policies; actions speak louder than words. When confronted with a harassment issue, seek advice from an experienced HR professional or legal counsel.
Latest Blogs from Spirit HR
Health and safety are two terms that can seem tedious concerning the workplace, but ignoring them and the standards they entail could result in injury, illness or even death. Prevention and preparation are integral to a safe, happy and compliant organization. Here are...
Investing in the future of your employees is one of the most critical aspects of both recruiting top talent and preserving existing knowledge through employee retention. At first glance, the variety of available retirement plans and numerous legal requirements can...
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is a broad subject, so each workplace should develop a program and guidelines that work for them and their unique needs. However, before you establish those guidelines, it’s crucial to understand what D&I is, its role in your...